Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question and looking for a quick answer? Review our list below! Still need a question answered? Please call our front desk at 262-842-2000
- What is the $100 hold on my credit card account and why did I get charged this? This is a pre-authorization placed on your card for incidentals or charges made to your room during your visit. We do not charge your account unless there has been damages to your room or you'd like to put the cost of a drink or food item from our property to your room. We will notify you if a charge has been made and upon your check-out we immediately remove the authorization.
- It's been a couple of days since my visit but I still see a $100 pending on my account. Unless we've notified you regarding room damages or any purchases made during your visit we did not charge the $100 hold. Most Credit Card companies remove this within 24 hours. If you are concerned about this hold or charge, please give us a call at 262-842-2000
- Do you offer room service? We offer guests a "To-Go" service that can be used in our cafe or at The 1844 Table & Mash. A guest can call down and have their menu item delivered to their room or order in person and take their meal back to their room. Menu items can be charged to a guests room during their stay. Alcohol must be consumed in the bar or rooftop bar.
- Can I bring my own alcohol? You are allowed to bring your own alcohol to your room but any outside alcoholic beverages is prohibited in any of our public spaces (including but not limited to; our Ballroom, meeting spaces, the bar/restaurant, café, rooftop bar and front porch). If found, the beverage will be confiscated immediately and we will have the right to contact the Kenosha police department. Our special events and catering staff have flexible beverage packages available for you to choose from while renting our events space and our restaurant and rooftop bar have a variety of delicious specialty cocktails for you to enjoy during your stay.
- Where do I park? Since we are located in downtown Kenosha, there are a couple of options for guests to park. We have a lot located kiddie-corner to our hotel on 8th Street and 57th Street as well as a shared lot with Bradford Community Church UU on 8th Street and 58th Street. Guests are also welcome to park in front of our hotel and in any of the street parking available near our building. We do not validate paid street parking.
- Where is the entrance to the hotel? Our entrance is located on the left hand side of the building when facing it. The doors to enter into our lobby are parallel to Scoops Ice Cream Shop.
- Is the hotel wheelchair accessible? Yes, we have a ramp located next to our main entrance. The ramp can also be used to enter our restaurant. If entering the 1844 Table & Mash, continue to walk the length of the front porch until you arrive to a second set of doors- this is the restaurant's main entrance. For dining, you are welcome to sit in bar area or spare dining room of the 1844 Table & Mash or you are also welcome to enjoy the café's menu or the restaurant's menu at the Café at the Stella.
- How old do I have to be to book a room at The Stella Hotel & Ballroom? You must be 18 years of age or older to reserve/book a room at our hotel. You must also provide a valid I.D. to verify during check-in.
- Are animals allowed? No animals are allow inside our property. This includes our rooftop bar, restaurant and café. Service dogs may be allowed, but please call our front desk first before booking. Service animals must have proper identification provided before check-in.
- When are the check-in and check-out times? You may check-in to your room at 4:00pm, check-out is at 11:00am.
- Where is The Café At The Stella? Our café is located in between our hotel and restaurant lobbies. It's to the right of our hotel's lobby and to the left from our restaurant's lobby.
- Is The Café At The Stella open to the public or just to staying guests? Our café is open to both staying guests and the public!
- What are The Café At The Stella's Hours? Our café is open weekly 6:00am - 9:00pm and on weekends 7:00am - 9:00pm. We offer our full menu during these hours.
- Where is The 1844 Table & Mash Located? The restaurant is located on the right hand side of the building when facing the front.
- What are the restaurant's hours? The 1844 Table & Mash opens daily at 11:00am and closes Monday-Thursday & Sunday at Midnight and on Fridays and Saturdays the restaurant closes at 1:00am. Our kitchen is open 11:00am-10:00pm. Lunch menu begins at 11:00am and Dinner menu begins at 5:00pm.
- Does the 1844 Table & Mash have a dress code? Nope! Our restaurant welcomes any and all types of outfits. We want you to be comfortable and feel confident while enjoying your meal. If you're looking for a specific category, we usually recommend casual- business casual.
- Is there a curfew for children? Yes City Ordinance 11.05 states "No minor person under eighteen (18) years of age shall be in any public place between the hours of 10:30 P.M. and 6:00 A.M., Sunday through Thursday, and 12:00 Midnight to 6:00 A.M." Sunday through Thursday, and 12:00 Midnight to 6:00 A.M., Friday and Saturday, unless such minor is accompanied by an adult person having legal custody of such minor, or unless such minor is in the performance of an errand or a duty directed by the adult having legal custody of such minor, or whose employment makes it necessary for such minor to be in such public place. Unless there exists a reasonable necessity therefore, no person having legal custody of such minor shall permit said minor in any public place during the hours specified in the above paragraph...."
- Does the hotel lock its doors at night? Yes, we lock our doors at 10:00pm. Guests will need to use their keycards to gain access to the building after 10:00pm.